Mike Ault's thoughts on various topics, Oracle related and not. Note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are not contributing to the overall theme of the BLOG or are insulting or demeaning to anyone. The posts on this blog are provided “as is” with no warranties and confer no rights. The opinions expressed on this site are mine and mine alone, and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Reloading

On most prepper boards you find a dichotomy when it comes to reloading ammunition. You have the die hard, have to do it, may not be able to buy it group and the don’t need it, buy preloaded, better quality in store bought group. I tend to side with the need it group. We are only one or two elections away from a democrat run house, senate and president which would be tough on ammo.

I see the way they will make guns useless is to run up the taxes and regulations on ammo. Maybe I just need to tighten my tin foil hat but trusting politicians with something as critical as the defense of my family is not in my nature.

I was finally able to get my reloading bench setup out in the shed today. Of course it has been a while since I reloaded so I will have to take it slow and careful the first couple of batches until I can get back in the rhythm. I usually load 9mm, 40cal and .38 special. I don’t shoot enough 7.62x39 or .223 or 5.56 to make it worthwhile but I do have the needed dies should I wish to do so. I also have dies for 7.62x59 and 8mm Mauser along with the needed size primers, bullets and type powder

Anyway, I will take some shots (with a camera)when I do some reloading and put out a how-to when I get back into it. Keep your powder dry!

No comments: