Mike Ault's thoughts on various topics, Oracle related and not. Note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are not contributing to the overall theme of the BLOG or are insulting or demeaning to anyone. The posts on this blog are provided “as is” with no warranties and confer no rights. The opinions expressed on this site are mine and mine alone, and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Status at 1/24/2018

Well, finally got the first server up and running and ready to install Oracle. Of course now I am at the stage where I have to do the install shuffle. The install shuffle is when you install a program on a pseudo-supported OS. Ubuntu falls under the pseudo-supported OS list for Oracle. What this means is that while you can get Oracle running on Ubuntu, don't count on Oracle for support. This means you need to have good Google or Bing skill to locate articles on why a particular subroutine or set of programs won't link.

Right now I am dealing with undefined issues with routines in PL/SQL libraries. I will keep you posted on my status.

Recently I was moved from FlashSystems/Oracle work into Financial Systems/ Blockchain/ FlashSystems/Oracle work. Loads to learn. I will be attending ETHDenver, an Etherium hackathon. Something tells me I will be one of the oldest in the room at most of the meetings.

I have submitted presentations for the IBM series of Technical Universities in Cairo, Dubai, Brazil, London and Orlando. If they are accepted I will be very busy in the March/April time frame. My paper was turned down for Collaborate so I guess I will be a booth bunny.

That is the news that is fit to print, see you around the blog sphere!


No comments: