Mike Ault's thoughts on various topics, Oracle related and not. Note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are not contributing to the overall theme of the BLOG or are insulting or demeaning to anyone. The posts on this blog are provided “as is” with no warranties and confer no rights. The opinions expressed on this site are mine and mine alone, and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

Well, I am back from the road trips. Chicago went well and we had another great turnout. Other than some scheduling snafus where I had to present first and stretch it a little (you all know how I hate to talk!) everything was great.

This week I am teaching 1/2 days (09:30-13:30) on Oracle11g new Features for DBAs including release 1 and release 2. It has been interesting as I try to demo live the new features to a class over Webex. So far no one has thrown any virtual tomatoes so I guess it is going great. The class is participating and asking questions. I do feel bad that because of some equipment issues they aren't able to do the labs as planned, but you take what you are given and do the best you can!

After this week I have some down time until 4/18 and Collaborate in Las Vegas. Of course that time includes jury duty and several minor meetings. I hope the weather clears up so I can do a couple of tune-up scuba dives. I am planning on going to Alabama Blue Water for DUI-DOG days again this year weekend after next, and maybe if things work out, take Susan along for her first drysuit adventure. Of course then I will probably have to get her one...

Doing some playing with dbms_resource_manager.calibrate_io if I get something interesting I'll post the results on my TMS blog.

Stay Safe!

Mike

No comments: