Mike Ault's thoughts on various topics, Oracle related and not. Note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are not contributing to the overall theme of the BLOG or are insulting or demeaning to anyone. The posts on this blog are provided “as is” with no warranties and confer no rights. The opinions expressed on this site are mine and mine alone, and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Miscellaneous

I am getting ready for several upcoming events and just working. Time sure seems to fly though, it has been several weeks since my last post! Along with TMS partner DSI, I will be presenting at an Atlanta Road Show event about solid state devices and their use in databases on Wednesday. In August Susan and I and our kids and grandkids will be going on vacation for a week, then in September it seems everything is going on. I will be taking a working vacation where the wife gets to relax but I still work every day, but hey, we will be in Helen, Ga. so at least in the evenings we can both have fun, then it is a week in San Francisco for the Open World conference (I have two presentations, I will blog about that as it gets closer), and after that a week in St. Thomas relaxing and scuba diving for my full blown vacation and somewhere in there is my High School reunion (37 years, they combined several classes in one big reunion).

In October not much other than my grandson Mikie's birthday. Then in November comes the German Oracle users group, DOAG, in Nuremberg, Germany, which looks like I will be attending. I haven't heard about my presentations there yet, but will let you all know as soon as I do!

I haven't heard about my nominations for Oracle Ace yet, I know I got several recommendations from other Oracle Aces on it but sometimes things take a while.

Other than that we just spent a weekend diving at Loch Low-Minn Quarry, a PADI dive resort just outside Athens, Tennessee, I blogged about it here.

AS plans tighten up (Oracle Ace status, DOAG) I will blog more about it! Oh, did I mention I am going to be a grandfather for the third time? I should know more about that (like the sex of the baby) later this month as well.

Enough rambling I guess! Talk to you all later!

No comments: