Mike Ault's thoughts on various topics, Oracle related and not. Note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are not contributing to the overall theme of the BLOG or are insulting or demeaning to anyone. The posts on this blog are provided “as is” with no warranties and confer no rights. The opinions expressed on this site are mine and mine alone, and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Heading Home

Here it is day two of SEOUC. It is going to be a booth day since my second presentation was moved from day 2 to day 1 so I was able to do both presentations yesterday. I had good attendance for both talks and folks seemed real interested in the new technologies and test results I presented. My first presentation dealt with testing disks verses SSD for identical databases, of course the SSDs won hands down. The second dealt with using Oracle Automatic Storage Manager's preferred read group to maximize performance in Oracle by mirroring SSD to disk and setting the PRG to the SSD.

So, after 1:45 Susan and I jump back in the car for the 4 hour drive back to Alpharetta. We'll be swinging by Susan's folks and picking up the signed books for Dr. Kuntz (he purchased 10 of my father-in-law's books) and dropping them off on the way home. If anyone is interested in the book, it is called a"A Kick in Your Caduceus" and can be found here. 50% of all proceeds for the book go to Alzheimer's research.

The next stop for conferences and shows is the TMS Roadshow in San Jose. Hope to see you there!

Mike

2 comments:

Romeo said...

I really enjoyed your both presentations !

Thanks,
Romeo Vasileniuc
Oracle Certified Master
http://romeosoft.com

Mike said...

Thanks! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!